I came across these sayings the other day. They’re a good reminder that although we may not feel in control of our circumstances, we can choose how to feel about them. I can look at what’s wrong with my life, and focus there, or I can count my blessings. I can complain or I can take some action to make my life better – and sometimes the best action is sitting down and listing everything that’s good about it. The fact is, that I have had some of the most difficult days be the best and most memorable days – all because I was able to dig through the debris and find a nugget of gold to take away.
Which of these 10 wise sayings resonates with you?
- No one can ruin your day without YOUR permission.
- Most people will be about as happy, as they decide to be.
- When your ship comes in…make sure you are willing to unload it.
- You will never “have it all together”.
- The best way to escape your problem is to solve it.
- A best friend is like a four leaf clover… hard to find, and lucky to have.
- I’ve learned that ultimately ‘takers’ lose and ‘givers’ win.
- Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.
- Look for opportunities…not guarantees.
- Life is a journey…not a destination. Enjoy the trip!
~ Gena Robertson