REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OR DESIGNATE
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing reception and administrative support services, and for representing SIRCH in a welcoming and professional way.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The key responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant position include the following:
- Greet all visitors upon their arrival in a welcoming and professional manner. Answer questions and/or direct to the appropriate staff member.
- Ensure all visitors are informed of any unusual health and safety guidelines (e.g. COVID-19)
- Monitor phones, email, social media messages.
- Respond to general inquiries regarding SIRCH and its programs, or redirect to staff for an appropriate response.
- Book and manage the boardroom.
Support to Staff
- Monitor staff calendars and remind staff to update same.
- Provide support to program leads as necessary (e.g. photocopying, formatting, printing etc).
- Print cards for staff/board birthdays and other occasions as required.
- Brand letters, flyers, and other print and virtual materials before distribution
- Assist with organizing events and meetings (annual meeting, fundraising events, staff meetings, etc.
- Manage ZOOM bookings
- Assist with staff and volunteer recruitment as requested and maintain applicant information
- Ensure copies of all official flyers, program descriptions, correspondence, advertising, complaints, testimonials, quotes, pictures are filed appropriately in Drop Box.
- Organize and maintain files – both hard copy & electronic.
- Keep volunteer applications, criminal reference checks and staff forms available and accessible.
- Ensure all client, correspondence, evaluations, service plans and other files are up to date and filed appropriately (electronic and hard copy versions).
- Use SIRCH branding formats in all correspondence
- Assist with purchasing, printing, mailings (e.g. donor newsletters, annual reports) and others as directed.
- Maintain mail and contact lists and keep up to date.
- Set up and maintain data bases as required.
- Assist in keeping the website up-to-date.
- Post on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook daily.
- Respond to questions on Facebook or redirect.
- Create social media posts.
- Take and edit photos for the content posts.
- Work with other coordinators to create content for specific programs.
- As the programs change at SIRCH, be prepared to assume new administrative responsibilities.
The Administrative Assistant is accountable to:
- Demonstrate ability to carry out administrative duties in an organized, competent and timely manner.
- Maintain a respectful, positive and harmonious working relationship with SIRCH staff and volunteers.
- Model positivity, enthusiasm, reliability and motivation.
- Ensure that SIRCH is perceived by the public in a positive, friendly manner.
- Post Secondary School Diploma.
- Two years experience in an entry level administrative position.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer literacy level to respond to the requirements of the position.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to achieve outcomes and deadlines.
Specific employment conditions of the Administrative Assistant position include the following:
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and reliable vehicle
- Criminal Reference Check