Summer Job Positions – Haliburton, Gravenhurst, Huntsville, Lindsay, and Coboconk.
SIRCH is looking for 12 School’s Cool Instructors
SIRCH Community Services, in partnership with the Trillium Lakelands District School Board, will be running 6 School’s Cool programs in July and August. The programs will be in-person in the schools with children primarily in JK and SK to help close the learning gap created during COVID. Instructors are required 7 – 7.5 hours/day for from July 12th – August 17th.
SIRCH will be running the School’s Cool programs in: Gravenhurst, Huntsville, Lindsay (2), Coboconk and Haliburton. Teams of 2-3 Instructors will deliver the School’s Cool 4 week curriculum in a kindergarten setting, and evaluate each child’s progress through the use of materials and tools provided. Instructors will provide positive role modeling, while encouraging each child’s natural curiosity for learning. COVID protocols will be put in place to ensure the safety of instructors
- completion of the 3 day School’s Cool Instructor Training
- attend 1 day of training in person
- promote a positive and exciting learning atmosphere
- establish and maintain accurate weekly records for all registered children
- set up and maintain a safe and secure environment for children
- complete the Developmental Checklist for each child as per School’s Cool guidelines
- maintain contact with SIRCH.
- ECE, teaching, or child studies degree or diploma or related program (or enrolled in post-secondary degree/diploma program)
- ability to complete School’s Cool Instructor Training
- demonstrated concern and empathy for young children and their families
- positive, enthusiastic, and encouraging
- experience teaching or working with young children
- able to manage a group of young and energetic children
- ability to commit to the entire program
- current vulnerable sector police check
- first aid/CPR an asset
Hours per week: 35 Hours
Wage: $22.00 — $25.00 per hour
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter (marked School’s Cool Instructor) to: email@example.com