HELP US strengthen individual and community resilience!
The SIRCH Community Kitchen prepares and distributes 1,400 nutritious meals every month, free, to those most in need. This program offers hope to those battling illness, homelessness, fragility or financial hardships.
“This year, I think, may in fact been the scariest and most challenging to survive and move forward. I’m in deep water with everything, but most of all I haven’t had enough food to provide my family since COVID, and it’s getting harder and harder.”
SIRCH Community Kitchen Meal Recipient
SIRCH receives no government funding for this program. The need has nearly doubled since last year.
We depend on your donations.
What your money can do
- $10 – Provide a nutritious meal. Your $10 donation can provide a healthy meal to someone in need, offering them comfort and nourishment.
- $25 – Feed a Family: With $25, you can help feed a family struggling to put food on the table, ensuring they have a meal to share together.
- $50 – Sponsor a week’s worth of meals – Your generous donation of $50 can ensure a homeless person has nutritious meals to help ward off the cold
- $250 – Community Meal Sponsor: With $250, you can sponsor a meal a day for a month, ensuring that people who need to be nourished receive a healthy meal.
- $500 – Emergency Meal Fund: Contribute $500 or more to our campaign, and help us respond quickly to crises and provide meals when they are needed most.
- Custom Amount – Make a Difference: Every donation, no matter the size, makes a difference. Feel free to enter your own custom amount to support our mission of feeding those in need.
Where your money goes
Since March 2020, SIRCH’s Community Kitchen has made and given away over 50,000 healthy, hearty meals and soups. The food is made with love to nourish those who need it most.
Thank you for strengthening resilience in your community!
Don’t want to donate online? We accept donations by mail, telephone and e-transfer as well!
Call to donate by phone:
Should you prefer to make your donation by phone or if you have any questions, please call us at 705-457-1742
Donate by mail:
Send a cheque to:
P.O. Box 687
49 Maple Ave, Unit 4
Haliburton, ON K0M 1S0
Donate by E-transfer:
Send an E-transfer to
We Couldn’t Do It Without You
“It’s so important that everybody in Haliburton and everywhere can have sufficient amount of food to eat.”
Gary Bouwmeister, SIRCH supporter and donor
More Ways to Give
Because of your thoughtfulness and generosity, your donation allows SIRCH to impact real needs in this county like hunger, poverty, skills development and isolation.
By giving monthly or quarterly, you demonstrate your continued commitment to our mission of strengthening resilience in individuals and communities. When you give monthly, your chosen amount will be automatically deducted from your credit card on the date of your choice.
A planned gift is a special gift to SIRCH Community Services for the future. By arranging this now you can plan your continued support through your estate plan. Planned giving allows you to continue supporting your favourite charity through your estate and it can help offset taxes on the estate. Click here for more information.
You can promote SIRCH Community Services by liking us on Facebook or by following us on Instagram and TikTok. When you share our posts, you promote our mission by introducing your family and friends to the services and programs we provide to their neighbors in need. You can also create a social media fundraiser on our behalf.
Gifts of Stock and Securities
This type of donation through Canada Helps enables an individual to give to SIRCH Community Services and the donor will not pay tax on the capital gain. We recommend that you consult with your own tax and legal advisors prior to making a planned gift or updating your will.
Fundraise for SIRCH Community Services
There are many ways you, a group of friends or your workplace can support many of SIRCH Community Services’ programs!
- Organize a BBQ, social activity or golf tournament and donate the proceeds to SIRCH Community Services
- Ask friends and family to donate to your Canada Helps Fundraising page for your birthday or life event.
- Hold a music event like Rock on the Dock and Concert in the Trees
- Hold a casual day – employees have the opportunity to dress more casually (in jeans for example) on a given day or series of days for a donation
- Do a coin drive – quarters, loonies and twoonies can add up really fast!
Why Fundraise through Canada Helps?
SIRCH Community Services is a Registered Charity and listed with Canada Helps.
Make an impact
FAST Funds reach SIRCH Community Services faster than other fundraising platforms, helping you make your impact more quickly!
Have fun bringing
It feels good to give back. It feels even better to rally your community and make a huge impact with the help of your friends and family.
Your supporters receive a
charitable tax receipt
Donations to your fundraiser qualify as a charitable tax credit, providing more incentive for your supporters to give!