In the 6 months since COVID-19, SIRCH’s Community Kitchen has cooked over 12,600 meals (22,000 portions of dinners soups and servings of fruit) to give out free.
We know the second wave of COVID is here.
Unemployment is on the rise. Heating costs and food costs whittle away at already low income levels. Depression increases as the long, dark nights of winter settle in and we self-isolate.
SIRCH can and will make a difference.
An exciting twist!
This year, Gifts from the Heart has an exciting twist…
Not only will your donation help our Community Kitchen continue to meet a sharp increase in demand for frozen meals, you will also be helping transform our community by supporting the all-new SIRCH Bistro, Marketplace, Community Kitchen and Training Centre at 49 Maple Avenue, Haliburton.
The Training Centre will be open year round, helping those who are unemployed and underemployed gain skills and confidence.
The Bistro will provide opportunities for Cook It Up trainees to learn in a real life environment and have meaningful interaction with the public as they learn their trades. Open weekdays, the Bistro will serve up affordable and nutritious breakfasts and lunches. Lunch Is On Us, a day when lunch is provided free, will take place weekly in the Bistro from November to March.
The Marketplace will be a vibrant space filled with products from local artists and businesses, and SIRCH will help incubate budding entrepreneurs.
Ready for Retail trainees will cut their teeth on the Marketplace as they learn excellent customer service and business skills.
This year our campaign target is higher. We need increased funds to purchase food, and we need kitchen and training center equipment. Video conferencing equipment is required to allow for other options in this time of COVID-19 — training videos, live-streaming of cooking shows or other DIY topics.
Your help is needed now…more than ever.
Your donation to Gifts from the Heart will help make all of this possible!
Coffee is on us.
As a thank-you, we will be including a drink voucher with your thank-you note. We hope you will drop in to see your contribution in action…please say hello and enjoy a hot beverage on us.
- Donate online now by Visa, Mastercard, or American Express
- Phone 705-457-1742 to donate by Visa or Mastercard
- Mail a cheque to:
SIRCH Community Services
P.O. Box 687
49 Maple Ave, Unit 4
Haliburton ON K0M 1S0
- County Life: Re/Max gives back (published January 2, 2020 – page 7)
- SIRCH’s blog: Help Keep The Community Kitchen Cooking (published December 18, 2019)
- SIRCH’s blog: Lunch Is On Us Creates Connection (published December 10, 2019)
- County Life: SIRCH’s Gifts from the Heart campaign begins (published December 5, 2019 – page 21)
- SIRCH’s blog: The Joys of Giving Tuesday (published November 28, 2019)
- SIRCH’s blog: Support a local charity this season (published November 22, 2019)
- Minden Times: Your donations help SIRCH help children grow (published November 20, 2019)