Reporting to: Executive Director
SIRCH is a diverse charitable organization in Haliburton County that has spent over 30 years leveling the playing field. Currently the organization is involved in a variety of programs and social enterprises that seek to reduce poverty, increase food security and build resilience.
The goal of this position is to promote our programs and social enterprises. By doing so we will:
- Encourage partnerships and other opportunities
- Increase shoppers to maximize charitable sales
- Increase public awareness and support
- Expand our range of services to the community.
- Create, implement, update and measure the success of a comprehensive marketing and promotions plan that will enhance SIRCH’s image and position.
- Create annual marketing plans for all programs and social enterprises, including any new programs and initiatives.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/promotions function.
Public Relations & Social Media:
- Manage social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc
- Identify existing and emerging trends in social media and offer appropriate recommendations for how to capitalize on or respond to the trends.
- Help design new websites or social media pages, and maintain and update existing ones.
Branding and Consistency
- Ensure that the SIRCH brand is accurate, positive, cohesive and consistent, and that it meets the specific needs, literacy levels, and interests of various audiences
- Provide effective interaction with outside constituents, consultants, clients, customers and vendors.
- Review materials across the organization to ensure proper grammar, accuracy, and meeting of style guidelines; provide training and support to other staff as needed.
Design and Layout
- Manage design and layout needs such as advertisements, presentations, logos, websites, reports, billboards, signs, logos, etc., ensuring the final product is branded, clean, professional and artful.
- Design materials and images that engage with web audiences to generate buzz, build the Organization’s reputation and generate leads
- Design billboards and highway signs, sandwich board signs and other
- Ensure content is accurate, and design is eye-catching and compelling
- Develop and run social promotions and campaigns that create excitement among all target audiences
- Create marketing content across all mediums to articulate the benefits of our programs, training and social enterprises, using stories, testimonials and outcome data.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to grow, engage and retain followers and champions
- Help convert followers into donors, volunteers, customers, and/or active fans and promoters of our organization.
Marketing & Sales
- Create strategies to sell products online (e.g. training manuals, kits, programs), determining the best audiences and ways to access those audiences.
- Identify and test potential markets.
- Set targets and determine the best medium for advertising.
- Follow up with prospective leads in a timely manner.
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Advertising or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years marketing experience
- Self-starter who can work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Unparalleled communication, writing, and editing skills.
- Experience with content marketing (blogs, asking questions, answering questions, responding to tweets), social media marketing, and keyword strategy.
- Knowledge of the principles of composition, and how specific fonts/images can influence a reader; keen eye for graphic design.
- Advanced computer skills, including graphic design, layout and image editing software such as Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Understanding of analytics and market testing.
- Excellent project and time management skills to balance many projects at once.
- Understanding of the not-for-profit sector
This is a permanent, full time salaried position (part time hours may be negotiable). Typically hours are weekdays, however flexibility will be required. A valid driver’s license is required.